- 1 kilo cabbage
- Smoked bacon 4 slices
- Rosemary 3 sprigs
- Butter 20 g
- Fennel seeds 2 tablespoons
- Dried prunes 100 g
- 2 apples
- Balsamic vinegar 8 tablespoons
- 1 clementine
- First up, take 4 slices of smoked bacon and roughly cut them. Then, place a casserole style pan on medium heat. Fry your bacon off with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. We will render out beautiful natural fat from the bacon. Next, add fresh rosemary leaves from 3 sprigs. Rosemary will absorb fat from the bacon and, then, become very crispy.
- While your bacon is cooking, take a nice whole red cabbage, about 1 kilo in weight. Split your cabbage into halves and then, finely chop it.
- When crispy, remove your bacon and rosemary with a slotted spoon, leaving behind the fat. Then, add 20 g of butter. Next, add 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds, along with 100 g of dried prunes.
- Add your cabbage into the pan. Chop 2 chopped apples and add them into the pan. This will give an amazing sweetness to this dish. Then, add 8 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
- Finally, place the lid on and cook for 20 minutes on medium heat. Before serving, add 2 tablespoons of clementine juice.
- Serve this delicious cabbage in a large bowl. Add crispy bacon with rosemary on top.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Jamie Oliver