- 1 free-range turkey 7 kg
- Cranberries 100 g
- Fresh thyme 6 sprigs
- Unsalted butter 250 g
- Smoked streaky bacon 10 slices
- If you are looking for meat dishes for Christmas, check this recipe out. Chop 100 g of dried cranberries with 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, make it nice and fine. Add some salt and pepper. Mix it with 250 g of butter.
- Take your beautiful Christmas turkey. Spread your flavored butter under turkey’s skin. Spread it really carefully, it is very important. Spread the rest of butter on turkey’s skin. Place 2 sprigs into the cavity.
- Put your turkey on the baking tray, place some thyme under the turkey. Tuck up your bird in foil nice and snug.
- Place your turkey into the oven for 3 hours at 180 degrees. Cook your turkey for 2 hours with the foil on, then, remove it.
- In 3 hours, put the turkey out of the oven and place slices of smoked streaky bacon on your turkey. Place it into the oven for more 20 minutes.
- Let your Christmas turkey rest for 30 minutes.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Thanksgiving Recipes by Jamie Oliver