- Dried cranberries 150 g
- Raisins 150 g
- Dates 150 g
- Dried apricots 150 g
- Pecan nuts 150 g
- Crystalized ginger 150 g
- Rosemary 2 sprigs
- 1 clementine
- Breadcrumbs 75 g
- Plain flour 150 g
- Suet 150 g
- 1 egg
- Milk 200 ml
- Butter 20 g
- There are lots of Christmas desserts, but this light pudding can become your favorite. Take a large bowl and sprinkle 150 g of dried cranberries. Then, add 150 g of raisins and 150 g of finely chopped dates without pips. After that, chop 150 g of dried apricots and add them into the bowl. Next, add 150 g of chopped pecan nuts. Finely slice 150 g of crystalized ginger and add it to your dried fruit.
- Take 2 sprigs of rosemary, remove the stalks and finely chop the leaves. Add rosemary to dried fruit. Then, add zest and juice of 1 clementine.
- Next, add 75 g of good quality breadcrumbs and 150 g of plain flour. Then, add 150 g of suet. You can use butter instead of suet. Give all the ingredients a really good mix.
- After that, crack 1 egg and add 200 ml of milk. Mix that up.
- Take a heat-proof bowl for your pudding and grease it generously with butter. Place your pudding mixture into this bowl.
- Take a baking paper and cut a round piece to cover the bowl. Then, cover it with 2 layers of tin foil. Tie it with a string as tight as you can.
- Heat water in a large deep pan, the water is half way the pan and place the bowl with your pudding in it. Cook your pudding for 4 hours at medium low heat. Check every hour and top up water if it is needed.
- Serve this delicious pudding with cream.
See: Other Desserts Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Jamie Oliver