- Minced pork shoulder 1,5 kg
- 3 onions
- Butter 50 g
- Chilli flakes 1 teaspoon
- ½ nutmeg
- Cinnamon 1 pinch
- Fresh sage leaves 25 g
- Bread crumbs 2 handfuls
- 10 chestnuts
- 10 dried apricots
- Dried cranberries 20 g
- Olive oil
- Start with heating your pan. When the pan is nice and hot, drizzle some olive oil and add 50 g of butter. Then, add 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes, a half of grated nutmeg and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Chop 20 g of sage leaves and add them into the pan. Cook it at medium heat.
- Finely chop 2-3 onions and add them into the pan. Cook your onions until they are soft and caramelized. Season it with salt and pepper. Then, let your onion cool down in the separate plate.
- Take 1,5 kg of minced pork shoulder. Next, add 2 handfuls of bread crumbs. Brake 10 vacuum packed chestnuts and add to your minced pork. Then, add 10 sliced dried apricots and 20 g of dried cranberries.
- When your onions are cooled down, add them to your mince. Season it with some salt and pepper. Give all that a really good mix.
- We are going to roast our stuffing. But you can also use it for roast chicken stuffing or roast turkey stuffing. Place it into the baking tray. Decorate the top with some chestnuts m cranberries and sage leaves. Finally, add a tiny bit of olive oil on top.
- Place your delicious best thanksgiving stuffing into the oven for 60 minutes at 190 degrees C. This dish is great for your Thanksgiving dinner menu or as Christmas stuffing recipe, and you can choose your stuffing ingredients according to your taste.
See: Other Christmas Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Pork Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Thanksgiving Recipes by Jamie Oliver