- 4 buns
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- Butternut squash 300 g
- Paneer cheese 70 g
- Cumin 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric 2 tablespoons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Ginger 15 g
- 1 Chilli
- Coriander 1 handful
- Gram flour 100 g
- Yoghurt 3 tablespoons
- 1 gem lettuce
- 1 papadum
- Main vegetarian burger ingredients are onion, carrot and butternut squash. Slice 1 big red onion and grate 1 big carrot. Place your onion carrot into a large bowl.
- Grate 300 g of butternut squash into the bowl. Then, add 70 g of grated paneer cheese.
- Next, add 2 teaspoons of cumin and 2 teaspoons of turmeric. Then, add 2 grated cloves of garlic and add 15 g of grated ginger as well.
- Then, slice 1 green chilli and chop a bunch of coriander. Season the ingredients with salt. Then, we are going to bind all the ingredients with gram flour (100 g). Next, add 20 ml of water. Give all that a really good mix with your hands.
- Next step is to form patties. Heat the pan and add some olive oil. Then, place your patties into the pan and fry until nicely colored on both sides. Cook your veggie patties on medium heat.
- While your patties are frying, cook easy burger sauce – coriander yoghurt. Take a handful of coriander and place it into a pestle and mortar and smash it up. Add 3 tablespoons of yoghurt and muddle it in. Best sauce for burger is done.
- For crunch, slice 1 gem lettuce. Then, crumble up some papadums.
- Now let’s assemble 1 burger. Take some buns and slice them in halves. Then, spread some coriander yoghurt on both halves. Dust both sides with papadums. Next, place 1 patty on one side of bun. Then, add your sliced lettuce, some leaves of coriander and some slices of chilli. Cover your burger with another half of the bun.
See: Other Burgers Recipes by Jamie Oliver
See: Other Vegetarian Recipes by Jamie Oliver